Mesh Combine Studio is an automatic cell based mesh combiner which can improve to dramatically improve the performance of your game. It can be used on any type of game for any platform.
We use MCS cell based combining in our game D.R.O.N.E. for the modular building in our arena editor and pre-made arenas, without MCS our game wouldn’t run…
– Easy to use, simple and self explaining Inspector with tool-tips.
– Reduces Draw Calls
– Advanced and performant multi-threaded combine job manager with lowest memory overhead possible and GC friendly.
– Supports cell based mesh combining, which is optimal for culling, z-sorting and LOD switching.
– Can be used as a faster alternative to Unity’s static batching and can give significant to drastic performance improvements.
– Fully automated combining like Unity’s static batching (but with more options), no tedious manually combining and get results in a few clicks.
– Extensive lightmapping support for realtime and baked GI.
– Save lightmap texture space and memory by removing geometry.
– Automatic LOD compatibility. LODs are switched per cell which give better performance and less LOD popping.
– No vertex or triangle increase compared to original meshes.
– Remove geometry that is under any surface (terrain and/or meshes). E.g. for rocks this can reduce +35% of the geometry.